As children get older there are different challenges we face to keep them occupied. Gone are the days of indoor play areas or the simple thrill of going down a slide or blowing bubbles in the garden. Further challenges come with boys, I am stereotyping here but much to my dismay boys and shopping do not go together. That could potentially kill a lot of time.
So apart from the usual cinemas and park options here are my top 10 suggestions to defeat the indoor gaming addiction this summer:
1) The 02 climb, one of the most iconic buildings in London and a great view of the city. Aged over 10. O2 climb
2) Equestrian Centre – connect with nature and animals, horseriding in beautiful surroundings. London Riding School
4) Cycle at the Olympic Velodrome track. Lee Valley’s Indoor Velodrome is the fastest track in the world, caters for all abilities from beginners.
5) Zip wire – Zip through the London skyline this summer at Zipworld
8) Watch a real life courtroom drama at Old Bailey (aged over 14)
9) Adventure thrilling ride at The Slide at ArcelormIttal Orbit
10) Speed Boat Down The Thames – not the slow cruise down the Thames, go for the high speed Rib experience
With any day out make sure you stop off at Camden’s Chin Chin laboratories, where you can watch and eat liquid nitrogen ice-cream!